Logo
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:13 pm 

Hugo, here is my Junior with telescopic forks. This is either an Italian Junior with an Argentine engine (which I intended to correct with an Italian Junior engine) or an all-Argentine Junior. Claudio (RF125) believes it is the latter.

Flyingdutchman's bike has the same fork. It is only missing the cover on top. Also his right side engine cover is not correct, probably from Sport/SS, but it could have been changed. His frame number is just plain wrong, I believe, and should be disregarded. It must have been changed. Still, you wonder why...

But other than those two incorrect covers, the two bikes look very much alike. So perhaps you can see why I am not completely sure it is a replica.

Unless, of course, mine is a replica too! If anybody on this forum believes my Junior is a replica, please say so!! I will not be offended. I prefer to know the facts.
The frame number is 609 and the engine number 948 (RF 125 948).
Here are the pictures:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. You must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:44 pm 

Lars's frame is correct for a Junior gentleman model with the stand lugs hanging down from frame. Rumi changed their frame numbering at some point to 3 digits only, there are english junior gentlemen with three digits only. These 3 digit numbers were used on other models as well and were from frame build to frame build. Rumi Junior say 734, Sports trils say 735, Diana 736, Junior 737. This is an example of numbering only from frame type as order produced. Hugo's picture number 5 has plaque saying junior gentleman and is in fact a junior. The gentleman came with later marazzochi forks and the larger brakes, and a later style tank. Although both styles of tank were used as rumi reverted back to the older tank on some later Rumi Juniors. Also the Junior had fork shrouds to hold the head lamp and the steering damper which the junior did not. Lars bike i a beautiful example of a Junior and is in my opinion totally original.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:20 pm 

Lars, when did you bought your junior? do you remember the name of the seller??

With that numbers, your junior could be an enterely argentine junior, the numbers are ok...

For me, your Junior it's an genuine Junior.

Regards

Claudio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:50 am 

Hi, Claudio,

I bought it at an auction in January of 2004. The seller was the well known Peter Gagan of White Rock, B.C, Canada, former president of the Antique Motorcycle Club of America.

Regards,
Lars

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:12 am 
Site Admin

Thank you Lars for the clarification about the fork.

Regarding your beautiful Junior, I never doubt it is an original Argentinian model since you presented it to us. People with more knowledges than me can judge that better anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:12 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

Here a photo of another Argentinian Rumi Junior. As we can see the frame have been drill full of holes to reduce weight probably for racing, so along the years this bike probably have been completely dismantled and assembled again many times, but nice photo anyway.

This is the link to the topic were we talked about it several years ago: viewtopic.php?t=1143

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_ Junior_Argentinian_model.jpg

Besides that, I have also came across online with this Rumi Junior from "Frank and Cathleen Smith collection". It is extremely similar as flyingdutchman (Ed Bach) Rumi Junior.
You can see this bike at the next link: http://myclassicmotorcycle.blogspot.nl/ ... a-new.html

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Junior_Frank_&_ Cathleen_Smith_collection.jpg

I have also noticed looking more photos of different Rumi Junior, that some of them has the front brake at the left side, and others at the right side. Is this one of the differences between the Italian versus Argentinian models?

We have some publications at the download section where there are vintage photos of Juniors, there you can see the front brake in different sides.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. You must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:26 pm 

I purchased my Rumi Jr in February of 2007 from a dealer in Maine called The Motorcycle Shop @ 291 US Route 1, Freeport ME.
It looks identical to Frank and Cathleen's bike in every way, including the way the screws and bolts are turned.
I think this is the same bike.........but that other picture says it was in 2011. And I have owned my bike since 2007.
But the photo was taken in NH and I purchased mine in ME. That is a very close distance. Coincidence?
I still think it is the same bike. Anyone know Frank and Cathleen?

Regardless, my bike has 3 days to go on e bay. No bidders currently. If it doesn't sell this time, I will list it again at a lower price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-Other-Mak ... SwgONa390K

I have registered the bike for the Mecum Auction in June as well in case it doesn't sell on ebay.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/LJ0618-32809 ... -racebike/

Lots more photos on these two links

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:52 am 

Hello All,
I don't know the seller and have reached out for the engine numbers. Here is the link :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-Other-Mak ... 1438.l2649

It is very near to my home and I can inspect if anyone is interested until Saturday evening. I leave for Italy on Monday...... Regards, Ben

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:54 am 

Actually it looks like the numbers are R1015, judging from the pics? Any insight? Correct motor?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:47 am 
Site Admin

HI forzamacchi,

I just merged the topic you opened at "Cafe Rumi section" about this bike, because as you can see we have been talking a lot lately in this topic about the same bike. So better not to open different topics about the same subject. Lets keep the conversation here.

Greets,
Hugo ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:47 pm 

What happened with this Junior??? Somebody Knows something???

Greets..

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:38 am 

It's still for sale.
It is going to be auctioned off at no reserve at the June 2nd Mecum Auction in Las Vegas.
If you want to buy it now, it will have to be done this week as the bike is going to be shipped next week to LV.
Let me know if you have an interest.
Ed