Forcelline cambio e sincronizzatore

Moto Rumi technical problems or solutions
Federicoff

Forcelline cambio e sincronizzatore

Post by Federicoff » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:02 pm

hi all, I would like to know if anyone knows how to mount the dropouts that are under the engine of Rumi. thank you. I have the engine already mounted on and I can not synchronize everything again! is there a trick? thanks Federico. I write with the translator, I hope you all understand what I mean. sorry.

Orac1000

Re: Forcelline cambio e sincronizzatore

Post by Orac1000 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:28 pm

This doesn't translate. Do you mean forcellone which is a swinging arm? I am wondering if you mean the stand which is a sort of fork.

hugomez
Site Admin

Post by hugomez » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:43 pm

Federicoff, if you post photos, that would help to make more clear your questions. Just a suggestion.

Greets,
Hugo
My little Formichino here: http://www.formichino.com/pictures1.html

Federicoff

Post by Federicoff » Wed May 09, 2018 10:37 am

How do I replace the gear selector? I am going crazy!!!!! : -0
Attachments
Moto-Rumi-Engine-parts-01.jpg
how do I replace the gear selector? I am going crazy!!!!! : -0
Moto-Rumi-Engine-parts-01.jpg (66.76 KiB) Viewed 3605 times
IMG-20180509-WA0001-640x360.jpg
IMG-20180509-WA0001-640x360.jpg (75.91 KiB) Viewed 3610 times
IMG-20180509-WA0006-640x360.jpg
IMG-20180509-WA0006-640x360.jpg (31.33 KiB) Viewed 3610 times

hugomez
Site Admin

Post by hugomez » Wed May 09, 2018 2:15 pm

Hi,

I understand looking at your photos that you have remove the little plate that is under some Rumi engines (not all Rumi engines has that cover). UUufff, I have never seen anybody removing that cover with the rest of the engine assembled.

The logical way (under my point of view), is to build the engine in the other way around. So, with the lower half of the crankcase on the table (including this little plate in position), the rest of the parts have to be put in place, from bottom to up. (Gears, drum selector, etc). Once you have all in place you can check that all gears engage properly while turning the drum selector. Then closing the engine with the upper half of the crankcase (after adding sealant compound), then put the bolts to join both halves.

Removing the little plate as you did, is something that I would never do, but this is only because I have never work on a Rumi engine with that plate on it, so I have learn to do things in a different way.

Maybe somebody that have work with an engine like yours can give you instructions to how to set the gears and drum selector in an specific position that allow you to put the cover back in place in an easy way.

Greets,
Hugo

hugomez
Site Admin

Post by hugomez » Wed May 09, 2018 2:30 pm

Reading again your message, you asked the next:

How do I replace the gear selector? I am going crazy!!!!!

I know you use a translator, so maybe the translation is not good, but if what you are asking is how to put that cover again in place, as mentioned, probably there must be an easy way to do it setting the gears and drum selector in certain positions, hopefully somebody can tell you. HOWEVER if what you want is to replace the gear selector ... Why?, everything look good there. No parts look worn or damage. Why you want to replace it?

Federicoff

Post by Federicoff » Wed May 09, 2018 2:33 pm

hugomez wrote:Reading again your message, you asked the next:

I know you use a translator, so maybe the translation is not good, but if what you are asking is how to put that cover again in place, as mentioned, probably there must be an easy way to do it setting the gears and drum selector in certain positions, hopefully somebody can tell you. HOWEVER if what you want is to replace the gear selector ... Why?, everything look good there. No parts look worn or damage. Why you want to replace it?

Ian Skinner

Post by Ian Skinner » Wed May 09, 2018 2:33 pm

Hi Federicoff

I made this mistake many years ago, like you I went crazy, after many unsuccessful attempts to align the bottom plate and the selector arms and forks with the gear slots, working from underneath the engine.

You have two solutions. Firstly, removing the engine, taking it apart and assembling it again after installing the plate and selectors. Hell on earth!!

Secondly, I promise you that it works, is to invert the machine, yes upside down. Insert the forks, upside down in the appropriate gear and selector drum slots. Now, as the plate has the long spindles which you can easily get at, it is straight forward to insert them in the appropriate holes in the selector arms and fit the base plate.

Do have somebody with you helping steadying the machine. A friend would appreciate a couple of beers, or your wife a slap up candlelit dinner!!

All the best, Ian

Federicoff

Post by Federicoff » Wed May 09, 2018 2:34 pm

Federicoff wrote:
hugomez wrote:Reading again your message, you asked the next:

no replace it but reposition it, so that it works and inserts all the gears, not just second and third

hugomez
Site Admin

Post by hugomez » Wed May 09, 2018 2:41 pm

HI,

Then I understood you correctly at the first time. Let see if somebody have an "easy method" to put that cover back in position.

You say that only second and third gears engage. Did you had already that problems before you remove the cover?, was that the reason why you took the lower cover off the engine?

Federicoff

Post by Federicoff » Wed May 09, 2018 3:31 pm

hugomez wrote:HI,
You say that only second and third gears engage. Did you had already that problems before you remove the cover?, was that the reason why you took the lower cover off the engine?
no, first it was fine, all the gears went well, then I changed the gasket, because it lost oil, and now I find myself in this bad condition

hugomez
Site Admin

Post by hugomez » Wed May 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Good to know that before you remove the cover everything was fine.

Let see if you get instructions from somebody that closed that cover before in the way you need.

Ian Skinner

Post by Ian Skinner » Wed May 09, 2018 6:03 pm

Hi Federicoff

4th gear stuff does not apply to your problem, that is external to the gearbox.

Providing that you position the selector forks in their correct respective gear slots and using your fingers to engage the base plate spindles in the holes in the selector arms and align the selector drum, everything will be ok.

Ian

Federicoff

Post by Federicoff » Wed May 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Ian Skinner wrote:Hi Federicoff

4th gear stuff does not apply to your problem, that is external to the gearbox.

Providing that you position the selector forks in their correct respective gear slots and using your fingers to engage the base plate spindles in the holes in the selector arms and align the selector drum, everything will be ok.

Ian
thanks for warning me! I'll try to put the inverted rim and first mount the dropouts then close the whole thing! we hope well! pray for me!

hugomez
Site Admin

Post by hugomez » Wed May 09, 2018 9:11 pm

Hi,

Good that Ian gave you a path to go. I didn't see he replied.

Good luck!!

Federicoff

Post by Federicoff » Sat May 12, 2018 1:51 pm

hugomez wrote:Hi,

Good that Ian gave you a path to go. I didn't see he replied.

Good luck!!
yessssssssssss, I succeeded! the Ian method works! I turned Rumi with the wheels on top, and I reassembled the plate below after putting the dropouts for the selector! IT WORKS WELL !!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU REALLY THANK YOU! Thank IAN!
thank you all!!!!!!!!!

Federicoff

Post by Federicoff » Sat May 12, 2018 1:54 pm

Ian I'm sorry you're not here !!! because otherwise I would have offered a dinner ante !!! thanks for your patience for explaining well how to do it! thanks thanks thanks and again thanks

hugomez
Site Admin

Post by hugomez » Sun May 13, 2018 8:24 am

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Ian Skinner

Post by Ian Skinner » Sun May 13, 2018 10:37 am

hugomez wrote:Congratulations!!!!!!!
Hi Federico

I congratulate you on your success. Thank you for your thanks. If we ever meet, you can buy me a beer!!

Ian