Logo
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:18 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:26 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

It was not easy but finally the fork and fairing are assembled in place.

More soon.

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fairing_Fork_assembly_01.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fairing_Fork_assembly_01.jpg [ 76.5 KiB | Viewed 4245 times ]

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fairing_Fork_assembly_02.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fairing_Fork_assembly_02.jpg [ 67.31 KiB | Viewed 4245 times ]

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fairing_Fork_assembly_03.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fairing_Fork_assembly_03.jpg [ 53.52 KiB | Viewed 4245 times ]

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fairing_Fork_assembly_04.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fairing_Fork_assembly_04.jpg [ 39.04 KiB | Viewed 4245 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:26 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

It didn't take long for me to came back with doubts and questions.

I am assembling the "Spring Fork Covers" (It may have a much more correct name, please correct me properly naming the parts), but they both were using different screw sizes, to attach it to the aluminium "ring" that goes to the lower yoke of the fork.

When I say that they are using different screws, I mean that one side use one size, and the other side, a different size. (PHOTO 01)

The one that is already properly attached to the lower yoke, is using screws 3.7mm width, with a 0.7 thread. (PHOTO 02)

The one at the other side was using 2.7mm width screws. (PHOTO 03)

I want to drill new holes at the one that was using the smaller screws (PHOTO 03), creating 4 new holes with the thread (0.7) for the 3.7mm screws. I already mark the correct position for the new holes, however, before I start drilling this soft aluminium "ring", I would like to know the correct way to do it. Any advise is more than welcome.

Can you please let me know the size of the drill I must use to make the hole, and the size of the screw tap for the thread?

Thank you very much in advance!!

(PHOTO 01)
Attachment:
Screws_measurements.jpg
Screws_measurements.jpg [ 77.03 KiB | Viewed 4242 times ]

(PHOTO 02)
Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fork_Spring_Cover_01.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fork_Spring_Cover_01.jpg [ 61.03 KiB | Viewed 4242 times ]

(PHOTO 03)
Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fork_Spring_Cover_02.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fork_Spring_Cover_02.jpg [ 45.38 KiB | Viewed 4242 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:43 pm 

Hello Hugo,
nice to pursue your work, very careful works.
I would do that with the fixiersn of the sleeves, first almost at the end, first the fender, then the wheel with the tire. If there is enough air everywhere, and these sleeves do not streak, then you can fix them with the screws.
(Did not I give away these chrome-plated screws ??)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rudolf,

First at all, yes, you gave me new screws. I just cut 4 of them with the dremel to the correct length, to use at the second spring cover (I already had 4 of them at the correct length that I have use at the cover that is already in place)

About your explanation. Please let me know if I understand correctly. You are telling me that before I made the holes, mount the fender, and the the wheel (with tire) to be sure that nothing is touching.

Is that Correct?

Can also anybody advise me about the correct way and tools to do the holes?

:D

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

Hi again Rudolf,

Thanks for confirming by private that I understood your previous message here.

For me to be able to mount the tyre at the rim, first I will have to do the wheel truing, because that is something still pending to do. I will also have to put the new bearings and axles/spindles at the hubs. So, I guess the order of things to do is changing along the way, depending the need of the process.

As you can see at the photos, I didn't mount the front mudguard, because for the wheel truing will be much comfortable doing without it.

Looking at the photo you can see that at this moment the "Spring covers" do not touch the sliders, even if in some places is quite close, however I will not take any decision until I test everything as you told me, with the wheel (with tyre) and mudguard in place.

Another thing also pending to do will be to apply a proper polishing to the silver cover of the springs. They are still a bit rough.

Enough for today.

More soon.

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fork_01.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fork_01.jpg [ 87.27 KiB | Viewed 4233 times ]

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fork_02.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fork_02.jpg [ 46.09 KiB | Viewed 4233 times ]

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fork_03.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fork_03.jpg [ 38.96 KiB | Viewed 4233 times ]

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fork_04.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fork_04.jpg [ 60.25 KiB | Viewed 4233 times ]

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fork_05.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fork_05.jpg [ 70.04 KiB | Viewed 4233 times ]

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fork_06.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fork_06.jpg [ 72.27 KiB | Viewed 4233 times ]

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fork_07.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Fork_07.jpg [ 74.15 KiB | Viewed 4233 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:13 pm 

Hugo,
which is also to be noted that when dipping the telescopic fork, the fender does not touch the "Spring Covers",
there is color damage.
Sorry, I did not know you centered the wheels on the vehicle ((

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rudolf,

There is no need to sorry. All your advises and recommendations are extremely useful and without them I would be stuck in many occasions.

The fact that today I have mounted the sliders at the fork, will allow me to do the front wheel truing. As I did also with the wheel of the Bicarburatore, I find the fork a great place to do that, because at the end of the day, this is where the wheel is going to be. I do not have any better place to attach the axle/spindle and turn the wheel for the truing than that, so, that will be the next step after I assemble all the components of the front wheel (bearings, axle, break, brake cover, spacers, etc.)

Changing subject, I was talking to Ian and he gave me the answer of my question about the size of tap, and drill bit that I must use to make the holes at the aluminium ring of the spring cover. Drill bit: 3.3 Tap: 4 x 0.7

I have that tap in my tap and die set, and I have a 3.2 drill bit in a set of small drill bits from the Dremel, so I will use the 3.2 and force a little bit the tap to go in, probably everything will go well :)

Cheers to both of you for the help. :D

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:19 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

Yesterday I did the first batch of parts to make them black chemically with the "Frost Kit". Most of the pieces look now as I wanted. However the rear sprocket didn't reacted at all to the treatment (It work only on steel and iron). I would need a solution for that, because I really want to have the rear sprocket black. I guess painting it is not a solution.

Any suggestion?

Beside all those parts made in black, probably I will have to make another batch with a small remaining parts that I forgot to include this time.

Attachment:
Chemical_Blacking_kit_(Frost)_Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_01.jpg
Chemical_Blacking_kit_(Frost)_Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_01.jpg [ 54.21 KiB | Viewed 4180 times ]

Attachment:
Chemical_Blacking_kit_(Frost)_Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_02.jpg
Chemical_Blacking_kit_(Frost)_Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_02.jpg [ 118.05 KiB | Viewed 4180 times ]

Attachment:
Chemical_Blacking_kit_(Frost)_Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_03.jpg
Chemical_Blacking_kit_(Frost)_Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_03.jpg [ 111.27 KiB | Viewed 4180 times ]

Attachment:
Chemical_Blacking_kit_(Frost)_Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_04.jpg
Chemical_Blacking_kit_(Frost)_Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_04.jpg [ 112.63 KiB | Viewed 4180 times ]

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Rear_Sprocket.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Rear_Sprocket.jpg [ 96.95 KiB | Viewed 4180 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:51 am 
Site Admin

Hi again,

Can anybody advise me how to "safely" remove the bearings (and ring) of those axles/spindles?

I certainly don't want to damage them doing it in the wrong way.

Thank you very much in advance.

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Axle_Spindle_Bearing_01.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Axle_Spindle_Bearing_01.jpg [ 85.49 KiB | Viewed 4162 times ]

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Axle_Spindle_Bearing_02.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Axle_Spindle_Bearing_02.jpg [ 108.57 KiB | Viewed 4162 times ]

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Axle_Spindle_Bearing_03.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Axle_Spindle_Bearing_03.jpg [ 69.7 KiB | Viewed 4162 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:34 pm 

Hugo,
to blacking the sprocket, you must first remove the zinc layer, either in Gavanik bad or with acid. With the handle of the ignition, please carefully, this is made of zinc or aluminum casting, and can disintegrate when treated with chemicals.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

RUMISTI wrote:
Hugo,
to blacking the sprocket, you must first remove the zinc layer, either in Gavanik bad or with acid. With the handle of the ignition, please carefully, this is made of zinc or aluminum casting, and can disintegrate when treated with chemicals.

Hi Rudolf,

I still have to send a few part to chrome, so I guess because of the complexity of the process to get the rear sprocket black, better to let a professional to do it. I will ask him.

About the aluminium ignition handle, yes, I noticed it was aluminium in the middle of the process. Now is done, so I only hope the metal didn't suffer too much until the point that will eventually break. At the moment looks ok.

Thank you Rudolf :)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

The bearings are out.

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Axle_Bearings_out.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Axle_Bearings_out.jpg [ 122.42 KiB | Viewed 4156 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:14 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

The brand new bearings are already at the front hub. The brake plate is also assembled with brand new brake shoes. Almost ready to be able to start working on the spokes to do the truing of the wheel, however I came across with an unexpected problem. The brake shoes pads are too wide, so it is not possible to introduce them inside the hub.

I was told by private that I must find a lathe to reduce the size of the pads. So, this week I will try to find somebody that can do that for me.

In the meantime I could remove the brake shoes of the brake plate, to carry on with the truing on the wheel, but it is time for a break anyway, so I think is enough for today.

More soon.

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Front_Wheel_before_truing_01.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Front_Wheel_before_truing_01.jpg [ 88.3 KiB | Viewed 4148 times ]

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Front_Wheel_before_truing_brake_problem_02.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Front_Wheel_before_truing_brake_problem_02.jpg [ 77.87 KiB | Viewed 4148 times ]

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Front_Wheel_before_truing_brake_problem_03.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Front_Wheel_before_truing_brake_problem_03.jpg [ 80.52 KiB | Viewed 4148 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

The hub at the rear wheel has already both new bearings and the axle/spindle installed. :D

Now I am working on the rear sprocket hub (9209 28). It has inside an old bearing (9209 29) that I want to replace, however I am finding problem removing the part 9218 39.

As you can see at the photos below. After removing the old worn sprocket, I started loosing the part 9210 30. It helped me to push a bit out the part 9218 39, however at some point it can not push anymore, because 9210 30 is completely out of the sprocket hub.

I have several sizes pullers, however not even the small one can grab at the small gap there is available.

Any suggestion for me to be able to remove the part 9218 39?

By the way, I already found where to get treated the new rear sprocket to make to chemically black. :D

Attachment:
Diagram_rear_wheel_Moto_Rumi_Formichino.jpg
Diagram_rear_wheel_Moto_Rumi_Formichino.jpg [ 71.77 KiB | Viewed 4116 times ]

Attachment:
Old_sprocket_hub_Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_01.jpg
Old_sprocket_hub_Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_01.jpg [ 68.27 KiB | Viewed 4116 times ]

Attachment:
Sprocket_hub_Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_02.jpg
Sprocket_hub_Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_02.jpg [ 71.1 KiB | Viewed 4116 times ]

Attachment:
Sprocket_hub_Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_03.jpg
Sprocket_hub_Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_03.jpg [ 73.75 KiB | Viewed 4116 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:06 pm 

stand on a press as your last picture but re crew in lock ing if possible,then press centre threadeaded shaft out.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:20 pm 
Site Admin

arthur lewthwaite wrote:
stand on a press as your last picture but re crew in lock ing if possible,then press centre threadeaded shaft out.

Hi Arthur, I am not sure if I understand you correctly, but in case you are suggesting to screw in again the part 9210 30, and them try to grab the part 9218 39 pulling it out, .... this is what I have been trying, even using a puller, but as mentioned, even the smaller puller with three legs that I have, do not grab at that small gap that I get, even with the part 9210 30 completely screw inside the hub.

Please, if that is not what you are suggesting, please explain again in a different way.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:48 pm 

Hugo, this part it's only a separator..... Put all the parts just as you have it there, over a pair of woods, and then hit in the threaded part with a plastic hammer. It's all...

Greets

Claudio

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:50 pm 

If you haven't a plastic hammer, you can use, a normal hammer with a piece of Wood....

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

RF125 wrote:
Hugo, this part it's only a separator..... Put all the parts just as you have it there, over a pair of woods, and then hit in the threaded part with a plastic hammer. It's all...
Greets
Claudio

Thank you Claudio!!!!!!, just a few hits with the plastic hammer and it when out as you said :D

Attachment:
Sprocket_hub_Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_04.jpg
Sprocket_hub_Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_04.jpg [ 91.09 KiB | Viewed 3816 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:46 pm 

exactly as i was saying but on a press not with a hammer.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:20 pm 

;)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:31 am 

the reason for screwing the ring back in is that the thread could be damaged on the ring when you hit the centre shaft,a tip when reassembling put in bearing and lock ring,put centre shaft in freezer on ice for about 10 mins or so then take out of freezer and quickly wipe dry,shaft should have shrunk down a few thou on size, press home or hammer(plastic),then heat bush for other side gently ,this will enlarge a few thou,only hot to touch and then press or hammer home with a tube.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:59 am 
Site Admin

Hi Arthur, after managing to do it following Claudio's explanation, I have read again your first explanation, and I understand it as well. Sorry I didn't understand at the first moment.

Thanks again to both of you for the help :D

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:54 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

The sprocket hub with the new bearing is now ready for the rear sprocket. :D

Attachment:
Sprocket_hub_Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Ready.jpg
Sprocket_hub_Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Ready.jpg [ 53.13 KiB | Viewed 3962 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:08 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

Jumping from one place to another, today was a good moment to close the crankcase halves.

All 4 gears and neutral engage very nicely.

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Engine_01.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Engine_01.jpg [ 84.47 KiB | Viewed 3950 times ]

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Engine_02.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Engine_02.jpg [ 66.43 KiB | Viewed 3950 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

One of the things that worries me the most was to put the engine back in the body of the scooter, however thanks Rudolf explanations and the extra pair of hands from a friend that just helped me, the engine is successfully attached at the body.

As you can see at the photo, with the body outside down. We have first introduce the cylinders side (the front of the engine) and turning until the body was in place. Carefully putting the screws to do not damage the paint while tightening them.

All went as planned, very happy for that. :D

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Engine_in_place_01.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Engine_in_place_01.jpg [ 61.4 KiB | Viewed 3915 times ]

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Engine_in_place_02.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Engine_in_place_02.jpg [ 66.17 KiB | Viewed 3915 times ]

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Engine_in_place_03.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Engine_in_place_03.jpg [ 60.39 KiB | Viewed 3915 times ]

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Engine_in_place_04.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Engine_in_place_04.jpg [ 63.01 KiB | Viewed 3915 times ]

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Engine_in_place_05.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Engine_in_place_05.jpg [ 75.75 KiB | Viewed 3915 times ]

Attachment:
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Engine_in_place_06.jpg
Moto_Rumi_Scoiattolo_Engine_in_place_06.jpg [ 47.33 KiB | Viewed 3915 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next